Friday, March 23, 2007

Jim Hart: 'Here's my itemized price, where's my money?' could mean anything...

Hart says when his resignation was accepted by the party he was asked to provide an estimate of his financial losses in order to protect his family until he found work.

He says the documents in question can be taken out of context or spun in any direction.

Hart says all parties should examine their own track records on members' resignations for their leaders and patronage appointments.

I'm having real trouble interpreting that to mean anything other than 'C'monnnn... Everybody else does it...'

If that's really their defense, that and the farcical argument that the fax can be read as anything other than Hart presenting a bill for services rendered, then they are conceding the document is genuine which means Stockwell is in genuine trouble.

1 comment:

Ian said...

The dates on those faxes and letters look really bad for the Conservatives. And I'm having trouble imagining any context where

/Please realize that I took this step of resigning in good faith. I could have remained in office until the general election, finished my term and not experienced these losses. My resignation was contingent upon this negotiation/

means something other than 'I did what you told me to, now where's my money?'.

It is just barely possible that we're missing something crucial that puts that quote into a harmless context.

However

/consider, if this is to be handled by an employment contract that I split the income with my wife, for tax purposes/

As the article points out, income-splitting is illegal. At the very least, Jim Hart should've kept his mouth shut about that.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/195294

Shred your papers, dummies! Yes, that includes the mound of old post-it notes, newspaper clippings, and take-out menus. You never know what accidentally made its way into the pile.

Popular Posts