Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Season's end

Like a lot of bloggers I've been light on the commentary for a few weeks.

My girlfriend and I spent Christmas with my family up in Edmonton the week before Christmas. Then we spent a private quiet Christmas together here in Calgary, a New Years Eve celebration here with a close friend and then Little Christmas this weekend with her family in Medicine Hat.

For Ukrainians, it's Christmas Eve which was Sunday night which is the big deal. We had a feast of kutya, perogies and borscht and then rolled ourselves away from the table. Gregorian calender folks: Ukrainians, Russians, Greeks, Ethiopians - Orthodox Christians worldwide celebrated this weekend. Those with one foot in both worlds have had a lot of Christmas the last few weeks.

Now I'm back, I'm tanned and rested and ready to spit vitriol again - anything happening in the world?

No comments:

Popular Posts