Friday, March 06, 2009

BlogRolling is SERIOUSLY pissing me off.

Check your BlogRolling folks - as well as no longer being alphabetical your links now go to an ad frame. There's a little header link for 'Why am I seeing this' that says:

"If you have a BlogRolling account, we will soon provide a feature that allows your blog to opt-out of having ads displayed above it for other BlogRolls."

This is exactly backwards from ethical practice. They should have had such a process in place before making such a change.

This ends immediately if not sooner or I scrap BlogRolling and just hard code my links.

UPDATE: Of course I only found out about this because I was checking my links from another computer running Explorer. At home I'm running Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on, which blocks out most advertising, including Blogrolling's pestilent new ad frame. In other words I can probably tolerate it's blocked out presence enough to not take the effort to hard code all my links. Still really damned annoying and offensive.

UPDATE 2: Gahh! It also completely screws up my stat tracking. Now if somebody comes to my site from another bloggers blogroll I have no way of knowing whose anymore as it shows up only as having come from Bloggrolling's ad frame. Thanks guys, you've reduced Blogrolling's functionality to near zero.

I'm not the only one annoyed.

No comments:

Popular Posts