Saturday, June 17, 2006

Amir Taheri again

I know, I know, he's like a scab I feel compelled to pick.

The Nation has an excellent round-up of Taheri's long history of fraud, intellectual dishonesty and willingness to slander and lie in a 'good cause'.

It also goes into Benador Associates long history of enabling his false-hoods with this bon mot from Eleana Benador herself:
Taheri was unreachable by phone. But Benador, who said her client was "traveling in the Middle East," was impatient with dissections of his work. Terming accuracy with regard to Iran "a luxury," she said, "My major concern is the large picture. Is Taheri writing one or two details that are not accurate? This is a guy who is putting his life at stake." She noted that "the Iranian government has killed its opponents." Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "says he wants to destroy Israel. He says the Holocaust never happened.... As much as being accurate is important, in the end it's important to side with what's right. What's wrong is siding with the terrorists."
Hmmm. Almost time for Iranian soldiers to be tossing babies out of incubators, isn't it?

2 comments:

RossK said...

Thanks for this Cliff.

Best work on the Iran Badges Zombie that I saw was from Taylor Marsh.

She was the one that went straight to the SWC and got them on record fingering the Post deputy editor who pushed for the circular confirmation.

.

Cliff said...

I was interested enough to track down thanks. I'd seen it but I appreciated the update.

Popular Posts